Monday, August 26, 2013

“Moyes unsettled Rooney, not me” – Mourinho

Rooney-Moyes
Jose Mourinho has insisted that he is not to blame for Wayne Rooney’s desire to leave Manchester United.
Instead, the Chelsea boss blamed his United counterpart David Moyes, stating that his comments have unsettled the striker and that fans at Old Trafford would be wrong to turn on him on Monday night.
“Why? They are against me? But I didn’t say to Rooney you will be a second choice for me. And they are against me?” Mourinho said.

“We are trying to get a player that a manager told ‘You will be a second option for him. We are not going for Van Persie.’
“The fans don’t have to be against me. If I say Ramires is a second option for me and he plays when Lampard is tired or injured – if someone comes here to get Ramires – nobody is upset.”
Moyes had said earlier this summer that, “I think he’s got a major role to play because we need to try and score as many goals as we possibly can. I think Wayne can play up-top, he can play dropped in.
“Overall my thought on Wayne is he’ll be key. If for any reason we had an injury to Robin we are going to need him.
“I want to be able to play the two of them. I want to be able to use Danny Welbeck and Chicarito as well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest News Around The World